2 de fevereiro de 2011

impossible



My senses abound with the unlikely
and occasionally fall into the trap of the implausible
Erratic how contradictory this soul might feel
hence all the effort I conscientiously make
to live down to earth
No wonder this inkling of continual battle within myself


An epic crusade between the soul, a complaisant master
and the mind, an adamant servant 
Hidden in the glacial numbness of an abyss
these two forlorn tenants brawl
And from the distance, out in the bitter rain
my flesh and bones succumb to their poignant wrestle

... a boundless feud…

For their realm, my buoyant perception of self,
it abounds with the unlikely as well,
inconceivable wishes
improbable thoughts
fanciful memories
doubtful aspirations

And in their midst all the feasible targets
I could have attained
grow dimmer and dimmer
till there is no contingency rest
nothing but the meager, aloof and hostile
impossible...

4 comentários:

  1. After four years away from one of my greatest passions, I finally made amends with myself and had all the wounds healed. Yes, I'm still away from teaching, away from all the personal fullfilment my students provided me with, but at least I can speak, write and post in English AGAIN.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I hope that this return represents just the beginning of a new phase, the start of a new journey into the happyness and fulfillment you are looking for your life and, last but not least, your very soul.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Beautiful words, Marco, as usual. Well, this return feels more like an attempt to find hidden parts of my old self. Let's see what happens...

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I think I know yor ultmost secret! Have you ever heard of Quantun Phisycs? Time travel, teletransporting, multiple dimensions, parallel universes? I think that you not only masters the theory but also has an operational Quantun device developed in total secret by yourself that allows you, at the same instant, to be in so many places, to live in so many worlds, to live so different lives, to write so much and so wonderfully. Now I understand you, smart girl. You are right in keeping it just for youself. The world, the mankind is just not ready to use it yet!

    ResponderExcluir